CANNES UNCUT…Movies, Moguls and Money… Behind the Curtain at the Cannes Film Festival
- Documentary will film at Cannes this year and be ready for 75th anniversary in 2022
- Cannes Uncut will be the first major documentary covering the history of the Cannes Film Festival
With 2022 marking the 75th anniversary of the world’s best known film festival, the feature documentary Cannes Uncut will delve behind the scenes of the gloriously glamorous and glitzy event that has come to represent the best in cinema and the business of showbusiness.
The creative and production team behind Cannes Uncut – Colin Burrows, Mark Adams, Chris Pickard and Richard Blanshard – will be filming and conducting interviews at Cannes this year to sit alongside archive material, with the film being ready for next year’s festival to coincide with diamond jubilee celebrations. Sales agents negotiations are being finalised.
The Cannes Film Festival is famous as an event brimming with stories and characters as outlandish and dramatic as the films that have premiered there, and Cannes Uncut will celebrate the great films as well as the wild parties; the spectacular promotional stunts as well as the iconic talents; the glorious successes and the infamous failures.
This is the documentary that dares to detail all the glamour, red carpets, craziness, deals, parties, movies, and personalities that saw the business of show business implant itself at the Cannes Film Festival. It offers an exciting high-adrenaline, roller-coaster experience of what has played out over the years.
In the decades following its launch in 1946 this initially modest French event established itself as the world’s pre-eminent film festival, and grew to define sophisticated film glamour as the world came to love the images and stories of the stars and starlets as they romped the sunny Cannes beaches by day, looked resplendent in sparkling jewellery and the finest of fashions on the red carpet and partied hard and late into the night.
Some 75 years on, the glorious excesses, triumphs and failures of Cannes is a story that is ready to be told. A story brought together by a band of brothers and sisters who have spent far too many decades pounding the Croisette, sweeping up the red carpet, hiding in the sales bunker, and drinking and carousing late into the night at the Petit Carlton and glamorous parties.
The team behind “Cannes Uncut”…
- Colin Burrows is an independent producer, publicity consultant and CEO of the Special Treats Production Company, Europe’s leading production house for audio-visual coverage of the film industry. Clients include all the Hollywood majors, the Bond films for over 25 years, the Harry Potter films, and the The Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit films.
- Richard Blanshard is an award-winning photographer producer, director and director of photography. His career began with special still photography on feature films and television and he was the official photographer to the US and UK film industries at the Cannes film Festival for more than 20 years.
- Chris Pickard has covered the global film and television industries as a journalist, commentator and critic for more than three decades. He was editor-in-chief of Moving Pictures International, and edited and produced publications at the Cannes, Berlin, Rio de Janeiro, Sundance, Rotterdam and Karlovy Vary film festivals. He has attended and covered Cannes for more than 20 years.
- Mark Adams is a critic, writer and film festival consultant. He was most recently Artistic Director of the Edinburgh International Film Festival, joining the festival in 2015. He was Chief Film Critic and Reviews Editor for film trade paper Screen International for four years, and has also been a film critic for Variety, The Hollywood Reporter and Moving Pictures International.