The 75th Cannes Film Festival took place from Tuesday, 17 May to Saturday, 28 May 2022. The official selection was announced in Paris on Thursday, 14 April. The Palme d’Or was presented to “Triangle of Sadness” directed by Sweden’s Ruben Östuland. It is Östuland’s second Palme d’Or following the win for “The Square” in 2017 and he joins the exclusive list of two time winners that includesAlf Sjöberg (Sweden), Francis Ford Coppola (US), Bille August (Denmark), Emir Kusturica (Yugoslavia / Serbia), Shohei Imamura (Japan), Luc and Jean-Pierre Dardenne (Belgium), Michael Haneke (Austria) and Ken Loach (UK).
The jury for the 2022 festival was:
- Vincent Lindon – President – Actor – France
- Rebecca Hall – Actress, producer, screenwriter, director – United Kingdom / United States
- Deepika Padukone – Actress – India
- Noomi Rapace – Actress – Sweden
- Jasmine Trinca – Actress, director – Italy
- Asghar Farhadi – Director, producer, screenwriter – Iran
- Ladj Ly – Director, screenwriter, actor, producer – France
- Jeff Nichols – Director, screenwriter – United States
- Joachim Trier – Director, screenwriter – Norway
The 74th festival took place due to the pandemic from Tuesday, 6 July through to Saturday, 17 July 2021. “Titane“, directed by Julia Ducournau (photo) won the Palme’d’Or.
Note on the photos: To see any of the photos on this site in more detail, please simply click on the respective photos. The photos at the top of the site are randomly generated, so do not necessarily apply or relate to the topic on the page.